The FabLab’s Epilog laser cutter can be used to engrave or cut many materials. Here are some guidelines for designing your project:
- The dimensions of the laser cutter bed are 12 by 24 inches. The material you plan to cut or engrave must fit within these dimensions.
- Material must be flat and fairly smooth, otherwise the laser may not focus properly.
- The following materials can be engraved with the laser cutter:
- Some metals (aluminum, brass, coasted steel)
- Marble or other soft stone
- The following materials can be cut with the laser cutter:
- Wood (up to 3/8 in. thick)
- Acrylic (up to 3/8 in. thick)
If you are not sure if your design or material will work with the laser cutter, come in during our hours and discuss it a FabLab technician.
Epilogue Laser Mini
Laser scanning also available (NextEngine)