To work in the FabLab, all employees must have the following safety trainings completed. Returning workers please double check that these trainings have not expired. Contact the designated Lab Safety Officer with questions.
Access the following courses at the UVM Risk Management and Safety website.
- Laboratory Safety Roles and Responsibilities
- Chemical Safety in the Laboratory
- Chemical Waste Disposal Training
- Laboratory Ventilation and Chemical Fume Hoods
- Emergency Response
- Laser Safety
- Soldering Safety Training
- Art Studio Safety
- Fab Lab Safety Training (Listed under ‘Art and Wood Shop Safety’)
- Fire Safety Training
Additionally, watch the following video:
Making Art Safely (email team leader to let him/her know you watched it. It is 20 minutes long)
There are also required in-person trainings:
- Hands-on Fire Extinguisher Training that is required which you’ll receive another email about as we’re hoping to arrange a class here in Votey.
Printer bath trainings will take place in the lab, for employees only.
If you intend to use the fume hood, please see the appropriate online training.